Let us put a simple question forward – “what is the most important thing in today’s world of competitive business?” The answer is simple – knowledge about your users and customers. If you have the power to know what’s in their mind you will be able to stay ahead of your rivals. Businesses around the world are spending billions of dollars on Big Data and Analytics to be able to know more about their users. They want knowledge of demography, users’ likes, their aspirations and everything that is required to offer them tailored products and services. After all, you need to know about the needs of your users before your competition does!
There are various methods that have been employed by businesses to learn more about their users. From survey forms to questionnaires you may have explored many means to get inside the mind of your users. But these methods lack the novelty factor. This is where personality quizzes have emerged as one of the most popular means to engage your users and know more about them. You can make these quizzes a part of your content marketing strategy and gather valuable information among your users.
Table of Contents
- What Is Personality Quizzes?
- Additional Benefits of Using Personality Quizzes
- Create a Personality Quiz
What Is Personality Quizzes?
You may have been left wondering why marketers use questions such as –
Which living creature do you identify the most with?
- a) Animals
- b) Birds
- c) Marine life
What is your favorite season?
- a) Spring
- b) Winter
- c) Autumn
The fact is these quizzes allow marketers to know more about the personality traits of the users. Unlike your traditional knowledge-based quiz which usually has a correct answer among many wrongs, there are no wrong answers in a personality quiz. Users take these quizzes thanks to the funny side in them and while doing so interact more with the brand and the content. For marketers, it is a great opportunity to collect valuable information a person’s likes, beliefs, and feelings which go a long way in their buying decisions. Implementing personality quizzes in your content is easy when you make use of a Personality Quiz Maker. You can create a personality quiz in no time using these tools and leverage it to promote your brand.
Additional Benefits of Using Personality Quizzes
- Gather Leads –Running a personality quiz you will be able to get deep insight into your users. Since these quizzes help in understanding the personality behind the person, it is a great tool for gathering leads. For instance, if you sell hotel bookings using this quizzes you would know if users are planning a vacation and what kind of hotels are they likely to choose.
- Bank on Viral Campaigning – Every digital marketer wants their campaigns to go viral. While it is impossible to plan a viral campaign such campaigns have one thing in common – they are engaging and users immediately develop a liking for them. Personality quizzes allow you to engage your audience by asking them funny questions and encouraging them to share results in their network.
- Brand Promotion – Brand promotion is a never-ending exercise for the marketing team. As a marketer, you would never miss an opportunity to promote your brand. Since these quizzes increase the scope of engagement they also serve as great promotional tools.
Create a Personality Quiz
While creating a personality quiz is easier compared to some of the other marketing strategies that you may have explored in the past, you need to get them spot-on to learn about your users and realize other business goals. There are three important steps involved and we take a look at them –
- Creating Outcomes – The end outcome of a personality quiz should help you learn about your users and increase your sales. So every outcome of your quiz must be targeted towards promoting your products and services. For instance, if your sell smartphone your outcomes may be identifying – gamers, photographers and business executives among your users and offering phones that are tailored to address their needs from a smartphone. Your outcomes need to be entertaining and something that the user would like sharing with others. Never work on negative outcomes as they can turn-off the users.
- Setting the Questions – Set the questions such that they are aligned with the outcomes. So if you are framing questions to know about the idea of perfect smartphone for your users you can frame questions such as –
How many megapixels do you want on your next smartphone?
- a) 5-10
- b) 10-20
- c) Doesn’t Matter
How big should the battery be on your next phone?
- a) 5000 mAh
- b) 3000 mAh
- c) 2500 mAh
What kind of memory do you need on your phone?
- a) 2-3 GB
- b) 4 GB
- c) 6 GB
Take note that in all three questions the user would choose answers based on their needs and idea of a perfect smartphone. So a Photographer may choose mostly ‘B’, Gamer would choose mostly ‘C’ and business executive would choose mostly ‘A’
- Setting Logic –Once you have the outcomes and the questions it is time to leverage the information that you have collected from the users. Continuing with the example we have seen above you can set logic for the quiz in the following manner –
- If maximum answers are “A”, users directed to Out Come for phones with the best Battery
- If maximum answers are “B”, users directed to Out Come for phones with the best Camera
- If maximum answers are “C”, users directed to Out Come for phones with high Memory
You can clearly see that using these three steps you have been able to create personality quizzes that would help know about your users and categorize them. Based on their interest and in the final step you can use this knowledge to sell your products.
Personality quizzes are a wonderful way to promote your brand and at the same time learn about your users. Create a personality quiz and you would lend the edge to your marketing campaign.
Mark Gill is a writer and marketing expert. He specializes in interactive content and spends most of his time online looking out for new things and implementing the best possible solutions for his work. Making a mark in the online world he constantly explores new trends in content marketing and uses them to increase engagement and ensure success. He has always strived for perfection and is surely on the path to achieving it.