The success of a website depends heavily on its content. After all, it’s the content that wins conversions. The design of your website is, of course, essential in making an impression on your customers, but it’s the content that will keep your customers coming back to your site. Search engines don’t rank websites by how they look, they rank them by the quality of their content. This brings us to the question of how to improve your content to improve the conversion rates of your website.
Here are some tips to improve your content to earn more conversions for your website.
1. Pick an attention-grabbing headline.
The headline is the first thing that visitors will notice our content. Also, it’s the headline that everybody will see when they find out about your content on social media, on a homepage, or in search results.
What makes a great headline?
- It must be clear. Your headline should be clear and descriptive. You want it to be easily understood by everyone who stumbles upon it.
- It must be concise and exact. Your headline doesn’t have to be too long just to offer the right context. In fact, your title must not exceed more than 60 characters if you want your content to appear in search results.
- It must be relevant. Your title must be related to your content. Don’t use “clickbait” titles just to earn conversions.
- It must have an appeal. Your title must have appeal to garner attention. Pick a title that has strong emotional appeal.
2. Explore other types of content.
Another good way of making your conversions keep coming back to your site is to mix up different types of content. Here are some types of content that you can use on your website.
- Infographics. These are graphic visual representations of information and data designed to make the data or information easy to understand. Your visitors will most likely prefer looking at infographics instead of reading long, written texts because they are more engaging.
- Images. Images are one of the most common types of website contents. They bring a powerful message and create a memorable experience for your visitors. They also increase the chances of your content to be remembered by your visitors. Your visitors will most likely be interested in your content if you pair it with a relevant image.
- Videos. Videos are the most popular type of website content, and they will most likely continue to be for the years to come. You can use videos to:
- expand your reach.
- share tips and “how-to” ideas.
- increase your credibility.
- build trust.
- increase your engagement.
- add value to your website.
If you know how to use these types of content and incorporate them into your website, reaching your target audience and increasing your conversions should be easier. The goal of exploring other types of content is to keep your target audience engaged and enjoying what you offer on your website.
3. Optimize your content for SEO.
You can’t ignore the importance of SEO in the creation of your content. SEO plays a key role in improving your content to improve your website’s conversion rates.
Here are key important things to bear in mind when optimizing your content for SEO purposes.
- Title. Your title must combine relevance and brevity if you want search engines to understand what your content is all about. It has to be clear and descriptive for your readers and the search engines.
- Your content will never rank high on search engines if you don’t incorporate relevant keywords in the content. Also, you need be smart about how you use your keywords because overusing them can lead to negative results.
- Headings. Headings also play an important role in keeping your content structured and easy to understand. From an SEO perspective, using headings on your written content will help search engines understood what your content is all about.
- Meta descriptions. Meta descriptions are a short summary of your content. It is a short text that appears right below your title in search results. This makes meta descriptions the second most important part of your content after your title. Along with your title, meta descriptions contribute to your target audience’s decision to click on your link.
4. Don’t forget about social optimization.
You can’t forget about social optimization when it comes to improving your content. Successful content echoes its success on social media as well. If your content is good, it must have a lot of likes, comments, and shares on social media.
Social optimization is essential to expand the reach of your content. The number of potential conversions on social media is tremendous, and it would be a waste if you don’t bring your content to a wider audience. This is why you have to optimize all of your content for social media as well.
Here are key tips on how to optimize your content for social media.
- Make your headlines interesting to the eyes of your target audience on social media.
- Include sharing buttons on your content to encourage your audience to share your content with others as well.
- Make a good description of your content and make it as short as possible.
- Be wary of the images you are using on your content, especially the size of your featured image.
Remember that you don’t need to be a professional content creator, or a writer, to create high-quality content. It’s all about understanding how content works and the opportunities it can bring to your business. If you can consistently deliver high-quality content, more and more people will keep coming back to your websites which leads to better conversion rates.
About The Author:
Kate Anderson is an aspiring web designer who has been working hard on developing her skills. She enjoys creating websites and in her spare time, she loves to walk along the beach with her dog. She currently writes articles for Wearetg.com.